Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Deserves an "eek"

So I should be studying...for midterms but I have to share this wonderful news.

Nick has his masters in forensic medicine...I say yuck! but whatever.  He doesn't really want to do anything with that degree which is cool with me.  Don't do it if you don't love it!  So he applied to medical school.  At last count, it was five ranging from Maine to Kansas.  I told him I would follow him wherever he ended up.  Very Scarlett O'Hara of me, I know but we've spent almost two years in a long distance relationship and I'm sick of it!  So I have researched teaching requirements in all five states.

The school he really wanted is in Des Moines.  He has a sister and brother who are/have been in med school there so he knows the ropes.  We were starting to lose hope because he hadn't gotten an interview from anyone...until today.

Des Moines wants an interview next week.  So he will be coming home last minute during my spring break...oh so perfect timing...and I will get to see my fiance!  We have both been super stressed recently with the wedding, money and school that we really needed this pick-me-up. 

No comments: