Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Wedding Tradition

Wedding traditions...love em or hate em, they are there!  But as a history chick, I have to explain some of the traditions.  Do you have any traditions you love...or despise?  Let me hear them!


White Dress-
Blame that on Queen Victoria and her middle class values!

Veil-
Roman Brides hid from evil Spirits

Wedding Cake-
If you ask me, it's an excuse for cake but there is meaning behind it!
Bride cuts it first...to ensure the couple will have children.
Don't want kids?  Don't let your missus cut the cake!

Honeymoon-
Lasts till you are preggo!

Engagement ring on forth finger?
It contains your love vein.  Awww sweet!

Rain?  Good or bad?
The jury is still out...I'm going with good luck because some marriages need a little rainy luck!

Are you a crafty lady making your own dress?
I say more kudos to you!  I am jealous of your ambition and talent....but according to legend, every stitch you sew on your wedding dress is one tear during your marriage.  Hopefully your dress and marriage will be seamless.

Sources:
Ezine
BK the DJ
Your Wedding 101

No comments: