Friday, April 30, 2010

Monogram Fun, School Break

I have been so crazy busy with school I haven't had time to craft which is really depressing.  Yesterday my last class of the day was canceled so I took that hour to make something fun! I have been wanting to make a monogram for Nick and I to display at the wedding and maybe display in our future home.

I started with two black wooden letters.  Mom and I got them on one of our garage sale excursions.   They came in a big box full of letters that Mom got to make something (she still doesn't know what she wants to make...wonder where I get that from?).  I managed to snag the N and the A from her to make part of the monogram.  

I outlined the letters (backward) on scrapbook paper.  I cleaned off the letters because they were a little dusty.  Then I mod podged the heck out of those little guys!  My original plan was to simply have the striped paper but my mod podge skills are...lacking.  I ended up with wrinkles and air pockets. 

So I had to adjust my vision.  I took the left over paper and cut it into chunks.  I put these chunks over the areas that were the worst and it became an eclectic array of stripes in all different directions.   
Here is the finished product!  My N and A are finished and I love them!  The whole project was less than a dollar! 


So you may be curious...what about the O?  Well, I am going to make a felt flower wreath...which makes an O!  Interested in how it might look?  Check this how-to out!

1 comment:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.