Saturday, February 27, 2010

Wedding Invite Dreams


This is most likely what our wedding invitation will look like.  (The date is not the actual date)  It's a postcard!  We have done this for a number of reasons
1. What is the point of having an invitation inside an envelope inside another envelope?  Such a waste of paper!  I'm trying to save the earth!  
2.  It's cheaper!  Each is around 20 cents plus postage which is 28 cents each.
3. Almost everyone we know has internet access and they will be able to RSVP on our wedsite. 

Obviously, I would love something different.  But funds are limited and to be honest...who really cares about the invitation?  It gets thrown away anyway...so who cares?

But here are a few ideas I love:

Nick and I love XKCD!  It would be fun to turn these Save The Dates from offbeatbride into an invte!
Plus this!  Dana from BrokeAssBride had these madlib response cards!  I love them so very much!

Totally open to suggestions!  Let me know your ideas...as long as they are cheap cheap cheap. :)

No comments: