Monday, June 7, 2010

Rin tin tin...Can...Pincushion

 
How freakin' adorable is this picture?!

I was wandering through blogland this afternoon but I came across a wonderfully adorable blog named Living With Punks.  Now with a name like that...how could I not read all of it!  She had an adorable tin can pincushion tutorial that was just about as precious as can be.  Her tutorial is so well written and very self explanatory.  I decided I had to make it this afternoon.  She covered her almond can fabric...I did pink paisley scrapbook paper I got at a garage sale on friday.  She used fiberfill but I didn't have any and with no patience, I couldn't wait til I got some.  So I used batting and a few layers of foam stuff Mom had.

Here's what you need for supplies:

Remember what I always say...if you are going to mod podge something, you mod podge the crap out of it!

But like always, I ripped and wrinkled the paper in a few places.  I just covered them with fabric polka dots and flowers. 

You don't need to measure out how much fabric you will need I just cut a big square out and trimmed any off that made it look weird or lumpy in places.  


After you have super filled your can, tuck all the edges inside and voila!

No comments: